Recorded and mixed one summer ago, “Beachcomber” is the debut release by We Used to be Unicorns, a Madison duo comprised of Greg Calhoun and Nate Gessner. This EP is filled with lo-fi rock tunes with a dash of dreams perfect for these sweltering summer days.
Recorded at Madison’s own Studio B Music, this compilation was recorded with over twenty different contributing musicians and sold to raise money for the Madison Area Music Association. MAMA is a non-profit organization that buys instruments for schools in Madison, Wisconsin. All profits from this compilation go directly to the MAMAs. Purchase it at the link above for a minimum donation of $5.
Editor’s Note: Single-use copyright Mine All Mine Records 2006-2011. All tracks used by permission and copyright their original owners. Album art copyright Joe Ludwig 2011. Recorded, mixed, mastered and produced by Benjamin Cameron, Daniel T. Szafranek and Paul M. O’Brien for Studio B Music. Select tracks feature The Studio B Band.
Track List: 01. Vanessa Anderson – Blue Skies (feat. Louka Patenaude)
02. Jealousy – Along The Shore
03. Maggie Moore & Karsten Osterby – Vapor Rings
04. Lovely Socialite Mrs. Thomas W. Phipps – Brainshovel
05. Benjamin Cameron – Am (feat. Lord Bertrand Russell)
06. C.D. Sandwich – Everything Is Gold Here (feat. Hyphon)
07. Six-Gun Rhythm – Decimal Point
08. The Rose Lights – White Garden
09. Nate Gessner – Unwind
10. Dave Wyatt – Blue Valentines (Tom Waits Cover)