Drawing influences from Hip-Hop, Jazz, and World Music, this CD compilation features the producer BRAIN GRIMMER heavily on cello & bass as well as Chinese zithers & lutes to create bizzaro covers and off kilter remixes.
Album art by Erik Dunning.
Released in conjunction with GrimmusiK. For more information, please visit GrimmusiK.
01. main title (never stop)
02. crop dance [Wabi Sabi rmx] ft. Brian ‘Tairaku’ Ritchie & Silas Be
03. Babooshka [Bush League presents: Running Up That Hill]
04. Vildgolia (Deaf, Dumb, & Blind) ft. Bashiri Asad, Justin Brewer & Rob Dixon [The Gil Suite EP]
05. Moses Jones Presents… Abominable Heresies
06. a goal that simply cannot be reached [Howe/Dilla/Watts]
07. (it’s over now)
08. Moses Jones Presents… look back & smile (get fresh)
09. “Gauloises?…” (Garçon Slow Jam) [The Baltimore Waltz]
10. “WO IS DEIN BRUDER!?!?” [The Baltimore Waltz]
8 January 2016
Full Album Details:
All tracks arranged, performed, recorded, produced, mixed & mastered by BRAIN GRIMMER. With exception to: (2) flute & percussion recorded & performed by Brian ‘Tairaku’ Ritchie & Silas Be (4) Vocals – Bashiri Asad, Drums – Justin Brewer, Sax – Rob Dixon, Recording Engineer – Matt Vice, Executive Producer – Davison Robie (6) Vocals – Alan Watts
Instruments performed by BRAIN GRIMMER in addition to electronic production & programing:
(1) contracello (2) circuit bent toy guitar (3) bass guitar, cello, pipa 琵琶, liuqin 柳琴, guqin 古琴, sheng 笙 (4) bass guitar, cello, pipa 琵琶, guqin 古琴, keys (5) bass guitar, keys (6) guqin 古琴 (7) bass guitar, keys/winds (8) bass guitar, keys
(2) originally released 11/2014 on “Tea Life: Wabi-Sabi Remixes” by Silas B. Ritchie | silasritchie.bandcamp.com/album/tea-life-wabi-sabi-remixes
(3) originally released 02/2014 on “Running Up That Hill: Kate Bush Covers for Reproductive Rights” by Various Artists |runningupthathill.bandcamp.com
(4) originally released 12/2014 on “Bashiri Asad Presents: The Gil Suite” by Bashiri Asad | bashiriasad.bandcamp.com/album/bashiri-asad-presents-the-gil-suite
(9)(10) originally performed for 2014 Strollers Theatre, Ltd. production of “The Baltimore Waltz” by Paula Vogel at The Bartell Theatre, Madison, WI.
Mechanical Licenses | “I, Nefarious” is sold & distributed with legal permission for the following:
(3) “Babooshka” © 1980 Kate Bush ℗ Screen Gems-Emi Music Inc
(4) “Vidgolia (Deaf, Dumb & Blind)” © 1977 Gil Scott-Heron, Brian Jackson ℗ Brouhaha Music
(6) contains melody from “Will O’ the Wisp” © 1975 Steve Howe ℗ Wb Music Corp. O/B/O Topographic Music Ltd.
(7) “Well You Needn’t” © 1944 Thelonious Monk ℗ Regent Music Corporation
This CD compilation comprises of tracks produced by BRAIN GRIMMER. © 2013-2014 Brian Charles Grimm (BMI) ℗ 2015 GrimmusiK LLC (BMI). All rights reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws.
GrimmusiK027 | Mine All Mine Records mam254